Screw anyone who tells you to "just calm down." In certain situations, it’s completely legitimate to blow your lid.
By Korin Miller
We cracked up after reading a recent report about a woman who lost it and tried to attack her roommate after she wolfed down the last of her Thin Mints. Because, on some level, we kind of understood where she was coming from. There are times when you can’t help but flip out.
Not only that, studies have shown it’s actually good to blow your top every now and again (well, to a point — we don’t recommend you go starting any fist-fights). "Suppressed anger is related to depression and chronic health concerns for women," says psychologist Sally Stabb, PhD, co-author of The Anger Advantage. Lesson learned: Let it out.
We came up with a list of moments when losing your cool is so justified — tell us what you last freaked out about something in the comments section.
1. The drug store clerk just did an intercom price check for your vaginal itch cream.
2. You overdrafted on your checking account by two cents, making the actual cost of your gum $25.99.
3. Your boyfriend tossed your bullet vibrator because he thought it was an old stereo part.
4. That $300 designer dress you splurged on? Yeah, the same one is in the 90 percent off bin at TJ Maxx.
5. Your guy showed up 45 minutes late…to your wedding.
6. After asking your hair stylist for a trim, you ended up looking like Natalie Portman…in V For Vendetta.