Archive for the ‘Happiness’ Category
Posted in Graphics, Happiness, Mind Body Spirit, Motivation, tagged Advice, confidence, confident, Graphics, Happiness, happy, health, how to, how to be confident, Life, lists, tips, tricks on March 30, 2012| Leave a Comment »
Posted in Advice, Articles, Empowerment, Happiness, Happiness, Mind Body Spirit, Motivation, Self Esteem, tagged Advice, Articles, empowerment, girlsguideto, lists, love, motivation, self, self-esteem, self-love, self-love tips, tips on February 24, 2012| Leave a Comment »
I love this!!
I came across this list a few months ago when I was tired of being my own worst enemy. Instead I wanted to to become my own best friend or at the very least build up my self-esteem. I hope some of you can benefit from it as much as I did.
It’s a sweet recipe for self-love that you can indulge in everyday of your life.
1. Take full responsibility for your life. Stop blaming others.
2. Participate in life at the highest level you can. Make a list of 10 things you love doing and do them frequently.
3. Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts.
4. Be gentle and kind and patient with yourself.
5. Give yourself the simple pleasures of life abundantly.
6. Watch what you say. Avoid self put-downs.
7. Stop being critical of yourself and others.
8. Take care of your body. Give it exercise and good food.
9. Be willing to create a life-style that generates and nourishes
10. Associate with others with high esteem.
11. Acknowledge yourself frequently. Even if it’s just a diary you keep of your successes and accomplishments.
12. Avoid comparing yourself with others.
13. Remember that it’s who we are, not what we do, that’s important.
14. Give yourself permission to do nothing periodically. Schedule time by yourself.
15. Frequently take deep breaths. Discover the benefit and pleasure of breathing fully.
16. Stop trying to change others. Focus your attention on being the way you want others to be.
17. Look into a mirror regularly and say “I love you, I really love you”.
18. Stop feeling guilty and saying “I’m sorry”. See mistakes as valuable lessons and avoid judging yourself.
19. Consciously generate positive thoughts and feelings of self-love
in place of old thoughts of inadequacy.
20. Be willing to laugh at yourself and at life. Stop taking yourself so seriously.
21. Accept compliments from others without embarrassment. Don’t invalidate their positive thoughts and feelings about you.
22. Be kind to your mind. Don’t hate yourself for having negative thoughts. Gently change your thoughts.
23. Keep your awareness and your thoughts focused in present time instead of living in the past or future.
24. Acknowledge others frequently. Tell them what you like and appreciate in them.
25. Treat yourself as you would treat someone you really loved. Praise yourself.
Posted in Happiness, Happiness, Inspiration, Life, Something to Think About..., Uncategorized, tagged Advice, enjoy, Fun, funny, Happiness, happy, How to Keep a Healthy Level of Insanity, humor, ideas, Inspiration, inspirational, inspire, joy, laugh, Life, lists, live, smile, tips on November 13, 2011| 2 Comments »
I found this on a site I browse, and thought it was absolutely delightful. We all need a little bit more fun in our lives, so start with this. Send it to everyone you know, pick things on this list and do them, laugh, smile, enjoy life.
Love, love, love you all.
- Page yourself over the intercom. (Don’t disguise your voice.)
- Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits. Always wear them one day after your boss does. (This is especially effective if your boss is a different gender than you are.)
- Make up nicknames for all your coworkers and refer to them only by these names. “That’s a good point, Sparky”. “No I’m sorry I’m going to have to disagree with you there, Sport.”
- Send email to the rest of the company telling them what you’re doing. For example “If anyone needs me, I’ll be in the bathroom.”
- “Hi-lite” your shoes. Tell people that you haven’t lost your shoes since you did this.
- While sitting at your desk, soak your fingers in “Palmolive.”
- Put mosquito netting around your cubicle. Play a tape of jungle sounds all day.
- Put a chair facing a printer, sit there all day and tell people you’re waiting for your document.
- Arrive at a meeting late, say you’re sorry, but you didn’t have time for lunch, and you’re going to be nibbling during the meeting. During the meeting eat 5 entire raw potatoes.
- Insist that your e-mail address be: email@example.com or Elvis_the_King@companyname.com
- Every time someone asks you to do something, ask him or her if they want fries with that.
- Send email to yourself engaging yourself in an intelligent debate about the direction of one of your company’s products. Forward the mail to a co-worker and ask her to settle the disagreement.
- Encourage your colleagues to join you in a little synchronized chair dancing.
- Put your garbage can on your desk. Label it “IN.”
- Determine how many cups of coffee are “too many.”
- Develop an unnatural fear of staplers.
- Decorate your office with pictures of Cindy Brady and Danny Partridge. Try to pass them off as your children.
- For a relaxing break, get away from it all with a mask and snorkel in the fish tank. If no one notices, take out your snorkel and see how many you can catch in your mouth.
- Send e-mail messages saying free pizza, free donuts etc… in the lunchroom, when people complain that there was none… Just lean back, pat your stomach, and say, “Oh you’ve got to be faster than that.”
- Adjust the tint on your monitor so that the brightness level lights up the entire work area. Insist to others that you like it that way.
- Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over his or her caffeine addiction, switch to espresso.
- Send e-mail to the rest of the company to tell them what you’re doing. For example, “If anyone needs me, I’ll be in the bathroom, in Stall # 3.”
- Reply to everything someone says with, “That’s what you think.”
- Finish all your sentences with “in accordance with the prophecy.”
- Adjust the tint on your monitor so that the brightness level lights up the entire working area. Insist to others that you like it that way.
- In the memo field of all your checks, write ‘for sexual favors’.
- Dont use any punctuation
- Use, too…much; punctuation!
- As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
- Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.
- Specify that your drive-through order is ‘to go’.
- Sing along at the opera.
- Call the psychic hotline and don’t say anything.
- At lunch time, sit in your parked car w/sunglasses on and point a hairdryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
- Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don’t rhyme.
- Call 911 and ask if 911 is for emergencies. (warning: you can get arrested for this, but that can be instructive too)
- Five days in advance, tell your friends you can’t attend their party because you’re not in the mood.
- Have your coworkers address you by your wrestling name, “Rock Hard.”
- When the money comes out of the ATM, scream “I Won!”, “I Won!” “3rd time this week!!!”
- When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling “Run for your lives, they’re loose!”
- Tell your boss, “It’s not the voices in my head that bother me, its the voices in your head that do.”
- Tell your children over dinner. “Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go.”
- Send this e-mail to everyone in your address book, even if they sent it to you or have asked you not to send them stuff like that.