Soft-centred chocolate puddings
• 4 tbs granulated white sugar (60g) + 2/3 cup sugar (160g)
• 100g butter, chopped
• 200g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
• 3 eggs
• 2 tbs self-rising flour (30g)*
• Icing sugar (powdered) & thick cream, to serve
* To make your own self-rising flour, for each cup of all-purpose flour (125g), add 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5g) of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt (2.5g).
Preheat oven to 200°C/390F. Lightly grease 4 x mud australia Limoges porcelain baby noodle bowls (or similar oven-safe bowls). Sprinkle 1 tbs sugar into each bowl and turn so sugar coats inside of the bowl.
Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon for 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth then remove from the heat.
Using electric hand mixer, beat eggs and remaining sugar on high speed until pale and slightly thickened. Pour warm chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Sift flour over mixture and stir gently to combine. Pour mixture evenly between bowls. Place onto a tray. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until well risen.
Dust with icing sugar and serve with thick cream if desired.
Read more at Design*Sponge http://www.designspongeonline.com/2007/11/in-the-kitchen-with-mud-australia.html#ixzz1BAD0G57j