Archive for the ‘Motivation’ Category
Posted in Graphics, Life, Motivation, tagged get motivated, goals, Graphics, how to, ideas, Inspiration, Life, lists, motivate, motivated, motivation, plan, planning, plans, tips, tricks on March 30, 2012| Leave a Comment »
Posted in Graphics, Happiness, Mind Body Spirit, Motivation, tagged Advice, confidence, confident, Graphics, Happiness, happy, health, how to, how to be confident, Life, lists, tips, tricks on March 30, 2012| Leave a Comment »
Posted in Advice, Graphics, Inspiration, Motivation, Movements, tagged Advice, Five Ways to Make Things Happen, Graphics, initiative, Inspiration, Life, makethingshappen.com, motivation, movements, tips on March 20, 2012| 1 Comment »
I absolutely love this.
Posted in Advice, Articles, Empowerment, Happiness, Happiness, Mind Body Spirit, Motivation, Self Esteem, tagged Advice, Articles, empowerment, girlsguideto, lists, love, motivation, self, self-esteem, self-love, self-love tips, tips on February 24, 2012| Leave a Comment »
I love this!!
I came across this list a few months ago when I was tired of being my own worst enemy. Instead I wanted to to become my own best friend or at the very least build up my self-esteem. I hope some of you can benefit from it as much as I did.
It’s a sweet recipe for self-love that you can indulge in everyday of your life.
1. Take full responsibility for your life. Stop blaming others.
2. Participate in life at the highest level you can. Make a list of 10 things you love doing and do them frequently.
3. Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts.
4. Be gentle and kind and patient with yourself.
5. Give yourself the simple pleasures of life abundantly.
6. Watch what you say. Avoid self put-downs.
7. Stop being critical of yourself and others.
8. Take care of your body. Give it exercise and good food.
9. Be willing to create a life-style that generates and nourishes
10. Associate with others with high esteem.
11. Acknowledge yourself frequently. Even if it’s just a diary you keep of your successes and accomplishments.
12. Avoid comparing yourself with others.
13. Remember that it’s who we are, not what we do, that’s important.
14. Give yourself permission to do nothing periodically. Schedule time by yourself.
15. Frequently take deep breaths. Discover the benefit and pleasure of breathing fully.
16. Stop trying to change others. Focus your attention on being the way you want others to be.
17. Look into a mirror regularly and say “I love you, I really love you”.
18. Stop feeling guilty and saying “I’m sorry”. See mistakes as valuable lessons and avoid judging yourself.
19. Consciously generate positive thoughts and feelings of self-love
in place of old thoughts of inadequacy.
20. Be willing to laugh at yourself and at life. Stop taking yourself so seriously.
21. Accept compliments from others without embarrassment. Don’t invalidate their positive thoughts and feelings about you.
22. Be kind to your mind. Don’t hate yourself for having negative thoughts. Gently change your thoughts.
23. Keep your awareness and your thoughts focused in present time instead of living in the past or future.
24. Acknowledge others frequently. Tell them what you like and appreciate in them.
25. Treat yourself as you would treat someone you really loved. Praise yourself.
Posted in Graphics, Inspiration, Life, Motivation, Positive Attitude, Resolutions, Something to Think About..., tagged New Year, new years, Resolutions, websites on December 30, 2011| Leave a Comment »
Posted in Advice, Inspiration, Motivation, Quotes, tagged Advice, dogma, follow your heart, heart, Inspiration, inspirational, inspire, intuition, Life, opinions, quote, Quotes, Steve Jobs, time on October 6, 2011| 3 Comments »
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
[Steve Jobs 1955 – 2011]
Posted in Advice, Inspiration, Motivation, Quotes, tagged Advice, failure, fear, follow your heart, Inspiration, inspire, Life, pride, quote, Quotes, Steve Jobs, success on October 6, 2011| Leave a Comment »
“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.”
— Steve Jobs