Posted in Heath, tagged Advice, boost, boosts, deep breathing, energize, energy, fit, fitness, Happiness, happy, health, healthy, ideas, Life, list, lists, meals, meditation, power naps, recharge, sleep, tips, vitamins, water on March 28, 2012|
2 Comments »
Lately I find it hard to keep my eyes open while studying, and difficult to stop from yawning in the middle of work. How can a girl concentrate on anything while wishing she was snuggled up in bed falling fast asleep? She can’t! It has become clear that I need more energy, so I decided to do a little research to see what I can do to give myself a boost. Here are some of the best tips I came up with – I guarantee you’ve heard some of these before, but some of them, or the ways some of them are meant to be done, were certainly new to me.
- Get Enough Sleep
We’ve all heard this one. The “you need your rest” mantra we hated as kids, but now miss oh so much. Seriously though, get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. You’d be surprised how much it helps.
- Eat Breakfast
Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. Don’t skip it. Even if it’s just grabbing a granola bar as you race out the door, or grabbing an apple or banana from the break room at work. It’ll make a difference to how you get your day going.
- Drink Enough Water
8 glasses a day ladies! 6 of those glasses are supposedly best to drink before 3pm because that’s when your body does most of it’s flushing out of your systems, so re-hydrating will help that process, as well as keep you ready for action AND (this is always a plus) help keep your skin looking great.
- Rub/Tug On Your Earlobes
According to Chinese medicine, stimulating your earlobes also sends stimulation to the rest of your body. It also helps draw blood to your head and gets it flowing. So give your ears a little massage and a few gentle tugs when you’re feeling drowsy.
Sitting around all day is enough to make anyone drowsy. Get up and stretch, let your body get some movement. You’ll notice that you perk up a bit.
- Work Out
Working out releases endorphins, which in turn, release energy into your body. That pumped up feeling you get after working out? That would be those endorphins.
- Try Deep Breathing & Meditation
Deep breathing allows more oxygen to get into your system, giving your body more to work with. Let your stomach inflate as you inhale slowly and deeply through your nose, and deflate as you exhale slowly through your mouth, pushing out the air until you can’t anymore. Meditation and visualization can help bring you to a place where you feel fresher and are ready to tackle anything at hand. Meditation however, does take practice. But don’t give up! I promise you that once you master it, it is well worth it.
- Take Power Naps
No, not hour-long ones. Believe it or not, the perfect power nap lasts only 15-20 minutes. This way, your body only has time to go into the first stage of sleep, rather than going deeper and not having enough time to come out of it properly. Anything over 20 minutes can lead to waking up more exhausted than before. So set that alarm!
- Eat Healthy, Balanced Meals
Making sure to eat healthy and regularly is an important life skill. It helps to nourish your body and get the right nutrients into your system as the day goes on. Choose healthy snacks as well, to ensure that you are getting your energy from the correct places, and also to help you keep up your energy longer.
Remember how you could run around for hours as a kid? Well that’s because you loved it! Get out daily and play – literally. Do something fun with your kids, your pet, or a friend. Do something you enjoy. Make time for you to have some fun.
- Re-evaluate Your Relationships
Relationships can easily drain you of your energy. If you constantly have to argue with someone, work hard at keeping up a relationship, or give and not get anything back, you need to take a long hard look at those relationships. There’s a fine line between putting in the effort, and being taken advantage of or being worn down. Be careful.
- Take Your Vitamins
Taking a vitamin supplement can help boost your energy (whether you have a vitamin deficiency or not) and make you healthier overall.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Fun, Something to Think About..., Uncategorized, tagged 50 reasons why it's great being a woman, Fun, funny, Girl's Guide To, list, random, woman, women on March 28, 2011|
Leave a Comment »
This email was passed around my office this week and I think it’s absolutely hilarious. While I don’t agree with every single thing on here… some of these reasons are very true.
- Free drinks.
- Free dinners.
- Free movies (you get the point).
- You can hug your friend without wondering if she thinks you’re gay.
- You can hug your friend without wondering if YOU’RE gay.
- You know The Truth about whether size matters.
- Speeding ticket? What’s that?
- New lipstick gives you a whole new lease on life.
- You never had to walk down the hall with your binder strategically positioned in high school.
- If you have sex with someone and don’t call them the next day, you’re not the devil.
- Condoms make no significant difference in your enjoyment of sex.
- If you have to be home in time for Melrose Place, you can say so, out loud.
- If you’re not making enough money you can blame the glass ceiling.
- You can sleep your way to the top.
- You can sue the President for sexual harassment.
- Nothing crucial can be cut off with one clean sweep.
- It’s possible to live your whole life without ever taking a group shower.
- No fashion faux pas you make could rival The Speedo.
- Brad Pitt.
- You don’t have to fart to amuse yourself.
- If you cheat on your spouse, people assume it’s because you’re being emotionally neglected.
- YOU never have to wonder if your orgasm was real.
- You’ll never have to decide where to hide your nose-hair clipper.
- No one passes out when you take off your shoes.
- If you think the person you’re dating really likes you, you don’t have to break up with them.
- Excitement is only as far away as the nearest beauty-supply store.
- If you forget to shave, no one has to know.
- You can congratulate your teammate without ever touching her butt.
- If you have a zit, you can conceal it.
- You never have to reach down every so often to make sure your privates are still there.
- If you’re dumb, some people will find it cute.
- You don’t have to memorize Caddyshack or Fletch to fit in.
- You have the ability to dress yourself.
- You have an excuse to be a total bitch at least once a month.
- You can talk to people of the opposite sex without having to picture them naked.
- If you marry someone 20 years younger, you’re aware that you look like an idiot.
- If you’re wearing cologne, you don’t have to pretend its aftershave.
- You’ll probably never see someone you know while peeing in an alley.
- You’ll never have to punch a hole through anything with your fist.
- You can quickly end any fight by crying.
- Your friends won’t think you’re weird if you ask whether there’s spinach in your teeth.
- There are times when chocolate really Can solve all your problems.
- You’ve never had a goatee.
- Gay waiters don’t make you uncomfortable.
- You’ll never regret piercing your ears.
- You can fully assess a person just by looking at their shoes.
- You’ll never discover you’ve been duped by a Wonderbra.
- You don’t have hair on your back.
- You know which glass was yours by the lipstick mark.
- You get to hate Kathie Lee in the way only another woman truly can.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Articles, For or About Men, tagged 30, Articles, Life, list, lists, man, men, The Frisky, things on April 1, 2010|
2 Comments »
Sorry the updates have been rather slow lately, I’ve just been so tied down with loads of work! Life is crazy hectic these days – but hey – what can you expect? You give some, you get some.
Anyway, I happened to come across another interesting article/list from The Frisky – so check it out below!
Love, love you all ♥
The Following is from The Frisky.
Posted by: Wendy Atterberry Filed in: guys
12:30PM, Wednesday March 31st 2010
Last week after I wrote about 30 things every woman should quit doing by 30, our friends at Crushable wrote a great response post on 30 things every man should quit doing by 30. It suddenly occurred to me: we’ve been letting men off the hook for too long! We’ve had all these posts about what women should quit doing by 30 or should have or learn or know by 30, but what about the guys? So, without further ado, 30 things every man should have by 30, after the jump.
- A skin care regimen. C’mon guys, healthy complexions aren’t just for metrosexuals!
- A tasty signature dish he can whip up for a date.
- Respect for women as equals and not just as heads attached to boobs.
- At least four good pairs of shoes: dressy, business casual, casual, exercise.
- At least one friend who gives honest fashion advice.
- A tailored suit.
- A toolbox that includes: a hammer, screwdriver, wrench, nails, work gloves.
- Enough clean underwear (no holes!) to get him through a week between laundry sessions.
- Independence from his mama.
- The ability to ask for directions.
- A great road map when there’s no one to ask.
- A favorite cookbook.
- A decent set of pots and pans.
- An emergency kit in the trunk of his car.
- A hobby that does not include a television set or a 6-pack of beer.
- A trusted barber or hair stylist.
- A pair of jeans that makes his butt look good.
- Jumper cables.
- A driver’s license.
- Always enough toilet paper.
- Sheets that don’t scratch.
- A nightstand that doesn’t say “Handle with care” on the side.
- A smile he uses generously.
- At least one lamp that didn’t once belong in a dorm room.
- Enough confidence to approach someone he finds attractive.
- Enough sense not to use a cheesy pick-up line. (When in doubt, say “hello!”)
- A great razor.
- The beginning of a nest egg.
- A place where everyone knows his name.
- At least one sex move he’s received lots of positive feedback on.
Read Full Post »