Posts Tagged ‘motivation’
Posted in Graphics, Life, Motivation, tagged get motivated, goals, Graphics, how to, ideas, Inspiration, Life, lists, motivate, motivated, motivation, plan, planning, plans, tips, tricks on March 30, 2012| Leave a Comment »
Posted in Advice, Graphics, Inspiration, Motivation, Movements, tagged Advice, Five Ways to Make Things Happen, Graphics, initiative, Inspiration, Life, makethingshappen.com, motivation, movements, tips on March 20, 2012| 1 Comment »
I absolutely love this.
Posted in Advice, Articles, Empowerment, Happiness, Happiness, Mind Body Spirit, Motivation, Self Esteem, tagged Advice, Articles, empowerment, girlsguideto, lists, love, motivation, self, self-esteem, self-love, self-love tips, tips on February 24, 2012| Leave a Comment »
I love this!!
I came across this list a few months ago when I was tired of being my own worst enemy. Instead I wanted to to become my own best friend or at the very least build up my self-esteem. I hope some of you can benefit from it as much as I did.
It’s a sweet recipe for self-love that you can indulge in everyday of your life.
1. Take full responsibility for your life. Stop blaming others.
2. Participate in life at the highest level you can. Make a list of 10 things you love doing and do them frequently.
3. Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts.
4. Be gentle and kind and patient with yourself.
5. Give yourself the simple pleasures of life abundantly.
6. Watch what you say. Avoid self put-downs.
7. Stop being critical of yourself and others.
8. Take care of your body. Give it exercise and good food.
9. Be willing to create a life-style that generates and nourishes
10. Associate with others with high esteem.
11. Acknowledge yourself frequently. Even if it’s just a diary you keep of your successes and accomplishments.
12. Avoid comparing yourself with others.
13. Remember that it’s who we are, not what we do, that’s important.
14. Give yourself permission to do nothing periodically. Schedule time by yourself.
15. Frequently take deep breaths. Discover the benefit and pleasure of breathing fully.
16. Stop trying to change others. Focus your attention on being the way you want others to be.
17. Look into a mirror regularly and say “I love you, I really love you”.
18. Stop feeling guilty and saying “I’m sorry”. See mistakes as valuable lessons and avoid judging yourself.
19. Consciously generate positive thoughts and feelings of self-love
in place of old thoughts of inadequacy.
20. Be willing to laugh at yourself and at life. Stop taking yourself so seriously.
21. Accept compliments from others without embarrassment. Don’t invalidate their positive thoughts and feelings about you.
22. Be kind to your mind. Don’t hate yourself for having negative thoughts. Gently change your thoughts.
23. Keep your awareness and your thoughts focused in present time instead of living in the past or future.
24. Acknowledge others frequently. Tell them what you like and appreciate in them.
25. Treat yourself as you would treat someone you really loved. Praise yourself.
Let nothing hold you back from
exploring your wildest fantasies,
wishes, and aspirations.
Don’t be afraid to dream big
and to follow your dreams
wherever they may lead you.
Open your eyes to their beauty;
open your mind to their magic;
open your heart to their possibilities.
Dare to dream.
Whether they are in color
or in black and white,
whether they are big or small,
easily attainable or almost impossible,
look to your dreams,
and make them become reality.
Wishes and hopes are nothing
until you take the first step
towards making them something!
Dare to dream,
Because only by dreaming,
will you ever discover
who you are, what you want,
and what you can do.
Don’t be afraid to take risks,
to become involved,
to make commitment.
Do whatever it takes to make
your dreams come true.
Always believe in miracles,
and always believe in you!
~ Julie Anne Ford
Posted in Empowerment, Graphics, Inspiration, Motivation, tagged empower, empowerment, Graphics, Inspiration, motivation, stay strong, strength, strong, survive, things will get better on August 19, 2011| 2 Comments »